Who we are
What’s Your Avocado? Marketing & Public Relations creates messaging, marketing, public relations and advertising campaigns for a national audience. The firm serves clients nationwide, with a focus on the agricultural, turf, landscape, golf and real estate industries. By the way, the Avocado? It’s the element that makes a person, product or company special. What’s Your Avocado? helps clients to find their avocado and express it in the marketplace, thereby building a recognizable brand and a successful business.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a social media and copywriting intern to join our team for Spring or Summer 2018. In your role you will collaborate with our team in developing strategies to increase engagement on social media, attract and interact with new followers, help research content for client social media plans, write and research assignments for clients, assist in copywriting and editing content for press releases, articles, story pitches, website copy, etc. You will also help provide additional support in team projects and other administrative duties.
What you’ll gain
- Opportunities to be published
- Contacts in PR and networking opportunities
- Hands on experience writing content and using social media management tools
- Must have strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Current senior or graduate with background in social media, journalism, public relations or communications.
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Houzz.
- Familiarity in Google Suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Knowledge of Sprout Social isn’t required, but preferred! We can help you learn the ropes.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Flexible schedule but must work a minimum of 15 to 20 hours a week.
- School credit: We can work with your school for you to obtain internship credit.
- Paid: $11.50/hour
- Location: We are located in the heart of Downtown Mount Vernon! We are in walking distance of the Riverwalk, restaurants and coffee shops.
Please submit 2-5 writing samples, a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17, 2018. If you have any questions about the application process please don’t hesitate to send me an email!