Who we are
What’s Your Avocado? Marketing & Public Relations creates messaging, marketing, public relations and advertising campaigns for a national audience. The firm serves clients nationwide, with a focus on the agricultural, turf, landscape, golf and real estate industries. By the way, the Avocado? It’s the element that makes a person, product or company special. What’s Your Avocado? helps clients to find their avocado and express it in the marketplace, thereby building a recognizable brand and a successful business.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a social media and copywriting intern to join our team for Spring or Summer 2018. In your role you will collaborate with our team in developing strategies to increase engagement on social media, attract and interact with new followers, help research content for client social media plans, write and research assignments for clients, assist in copywriting and editing content for press releases, articles, story pitches, website copy, etc. You will also help provide additional support in team projects and other administrative duties.
What you’ll gain
- Opportunities to be published
- Contacts in PR and networking opportunities
- Hands on experience writing content and using social media management tools
- Must have strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Current senior or graduate with background in social media, journalism, public relations or communications.
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Houzz.
- Familiarity in Google Suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Knowledge of Sprout Social isn’t required, but preferred! We can help you learn the ropes.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Flexible schedule but must work a minimum of 15 to 20 hours a week.
- School credit: We can work with your school for you to obtain internship credit.
- Paid: $11.50/hour
- Location: We are located in the heart of Downtown Mount Vernon! We are in walking distance of the Riverwalk, restaurants and coffee shops.
Please submit 2-5 writing samples, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 17, 2018. If you have any questions about the application process please don’t hesitate to send me an email!
Stacie Zinn Roberts is a nationally recognized, award-winning writer and marketing expert with more than 25 years of experience. She has won more than 40 national awards for her work including the United Nations Environmental Program for retail environmental marketing, as well as from organizations such at the Public Relations Society of America and the Turf & Ornamental Communicators Association. She’s written for industry publications such as Golf Course Management, Sports Turf, Golfdom and PR Daily. She spent eight years as the president and director of marketing for Environmental Turf, where she developed the branding for SeaDwarf Seashore Paspalum, the grass that eventually became the greens grass for the Rio Olympic Golf Course. Stacie served for six years on the Board of Directors of the Florida Turfgrass Association as Chair of the Research & Scholarship Committee where she worked closely with the scientists from the University of Florida’s turfgrass breeding program. Stacie founded What’s Your Avocado? Marketing & Public Relations in 2012.